Monday, September 19, 2011

Lost running a marathon called Life...

I have been crazy busy these past few months (not a good excuse for not blogging but, that's all I got)... The hubs and I have been through a couple of crazy life bumps.. I just want to say my hubs is AMAZING! He is one of the strongest people I know. My mom is another strong one! So anyways, I am back and ready to blog!

One of our crazy life bumps was good ole Irene the hurricane.. The hubs and I sat plastered in front of the TV for a few days watching The Weather Channel.. Every time the name of the city in which we live appeared on the screen my eye's got bigger and more "O dears" came out of my mouth! I have never experienced a weather situation of this type. I am use to the occasional thunderstorm but a HURRICANE... Oh no no no! The hubs was being the grown up and deciding what we should.. You see, we were suppose to go on vacation the following week to Boston... Yes, right where Irene was headed.. That's where the decision became difficult.. If we leave then we say goodbye to our Boston vacation.. If we stay we could be blown away.. EEEEEEKKKKKSSSSS! At 1:30 AM the hubs finally made the call.. We were leaving a 6 AM.. As soon as he informed me of the decision I felt I had to pack. In pure "if everything was gone when we come back" mode, I packed TONS of stuff! I like to look at it as cautious packing instead of panicking packing.. Needless to say, our car was packed full. O and I forgot to mention we have two cats that we had to pack as well. Yes, they more than hated us on that day.

Here is my hubs being his goofy self.. Fuzzi voiced her opinion at some points throughout our ride.. The hubs solution.. Using my shooting ear muffs..



After 8 long hours we made it to my parents house safe and a little crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment